The General Delegation for the Promotion of the Urban Poles of Diamniadio and Pink Lake (DGPU) is the State's lever for carrying out this vast program.
It was created by decision of the President of the Republic to conduct a vast program in each of these two poles by developing a new way of conducting urban projects that derogates from common urban planning law, with a view to greater efficiency and speed of execution. This innovative approach has proven its success in Diamniadio. Today, we are launching the operational phase of the Pink Lake project. In this context, the DGPU's missions are wide-ranging: land operator in charge of land control and the devolution of land titles to private developers in the poles.
The DGPU is a planner and is also responsible for drawing up urban programming and master planning studies, and for conducting regulatory procedures: urban planning regulations, impact studies, etc. It is also the developer in charge of the primary infrastructure and public facilities (schools, health, security, etc.) for the centers, upstream of private developments. Finally, it is a promotion and economic development tool in charge of finding investors and developers, as well as managing the economic project in these two clusters, structuring the sectors and welcoming investors, operators and companies.
CHAIR OF THE POLICY BOARD
Director of Promotion and Partnerships
ADMINISTRATIVE AND FINANCIAL MANAGER
DIRECTOR OF URBAN PLANNING AND LAND DEVELOPMENT
DIRECTOR OF STRATEGY AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
- To assist the President of the Republic in the definition of the policy of development and
promotion of the urban centers of Diamniadio and Lac Rose;
- To coordinate the implementation of the policy defined by the President of the Republic in the
As such, it is responsible, in relation with the ministries and public structures concerned :
- Undertake studies of development, urban planning, environment, as well as studies of
technical, legal and financial feasibility;
- Undertake the financial and legal arrangements related to the realization of the operations
development and equipment ;
- To carry out the work of development and equipment in infrastructures essential to the
development of urban centres ;
- To proceed with the allocation or marketing of titled, developed and equipped land;
- Preserve and ensure the physical and legal security of sites reserved for
public superstructure equipment and green spaces, parks and ponds;
- To initiate and conduct all development operations in the areas of intervention;
- Initiate and carry out all the developments necessary for the harmonious articulation of the poles
urban areas of Diamniadio and Lac Rose;
- Prepare, organize and lead the work of the consultation, control and monitoring bodies
Monitoring of the program to promote the urban poles of Diamniadio and Lac Rose;
- To propose all reforms concerning the creation of legal or financial instruments
that can facilitate the acceleration of the realization of the urban poles.
The DGPU is the Délégation générale à la promotion des
Urban Poles of Diamniadio and Pink Lake. It is
responsible for development, planning
promotion et du développement des deux pôles.
The urban pole of Diamniadio is located 30 km from Dakar
and the Urban Pole is located 40 km from Dakar.
The Pole has four districts of 400 to 500 ha.
To obtain the land, it is necessary to have a well defined project, a
financing and an idea of its land needs before deciding to
send a letter to the Delegate General to formulate a request
request for the provision of land. The file is
reviewed by the internal services of the DGPU. If the file is
eligible, we will show him the steps to follow to
obtaining the land.
For the moment, only the urban pole of Diamniadio will be
served by the TER whose emblematic station of
Diamniadio is the terminus.
Axis 70 is a major avenue with a length of 3.5 km on a
70 meters long. It crosses the pole from north to south, spans
the toll highway and the railroad that the TER must use and
structures the city into four districts.
To acquire a home in the cluster, it is necessary to approach the
commercial services of the various real estate developers who are
developing housing programs in the
Urban pole of Diamniadio.
The two ministerial spheres of Diamniadio are home to fourteen
ministries and more than 3000 state employees.